13 August 2009

An introduction to a Surprised Blogger

I originally typed up an entry about the beauty of blogs and the enrichment of Print, but then I realized how incredibly boring it was. I'm not sure if what I'm going to write instead will be any more interesting, but I'll certainly try.

I never thought I would be a blogger. I'm one of the vaguely hipster-ish people wandering around your college campus in clothes bought from Goodwill, the kind who owns a record player not because it is useful but but basically because it is old. My bicycle is vintage and weighs twenty pounds, and I work in a library with huge dusty tomes from the fifteen hundreds. I've spent most of my life around old, heavingly physical things, the exact opposite of what a blog is.

But we must move forward, and I think literature is adapting quite well to this new digital age. Hopefully I will adapt as well. There is a sense in budding writers of my generation that if we don't somehow adapt to the internet, we will all go the way of the wooly mammoth.

And so here I am, your new literary blogger, a title that may make some old-fashioned tweed wearing professors reel. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that title means, and hopefully I will be at least mildly entertaining and informative along the way.

-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment